Sunday, April 27, 2014

Lucia

UN-BEL-IEV-ABLE!!
This one is a corker of a movie. It has been ages since I had seen a Kannada movie. And then I heard about this movie being one of a kind because of it's funding coming from public. From the start till the finish, it was tightly taut and it had all the right elements - mystery, suspense, romance, humor, with the right touch too. And then, at the end, the movie tipped over and then, I was like, WOW!! Like Barfi, like many other 'WOW' movies I had seen, I started it all over again immediately after it ended to fully soak in each scene with the new understanding. There are some traces of Inception but while Inception gets very complicated, this remains at a human level - and brings joy and sadness and all the emotions out, as should a movie. Then I saw about the director Pawan Kumar and read his blog. The fact that he is a college drop out and that the music director is a software engineer, I was very, very impressed. The music and songs (esp this one) is just mind-blowing! Overall, a FANTASTIC movie, and it made my day!!
Rating: Must-See!!

No comments: