Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Sachin: A Billion Dreams

A Sachin fan all my life, always wanted to watch this biographical movie as soon as it was announced. Much of the movie is from the autobiography which I had already read. So there were very few surprises in the movie that I wasn't already aware. Yet, it is a nice collection of 2 decades of Sachin's prowess. There were parts of the movie which I felt could have been better made - like giving some more time to the two Sharjah matches vs Australia in 1998, the one over against Abdul Qadir in 1989, how he got to open the innings vs New Zealand, etc and etc. Well, I guess I can keep going on and on - and director would have had to create 2 parts of the movie! This movie is for those Sachin fans who want to re-live those 2.5 wonderful decades in 2.5 hours...who wouldn't, huh?
Rating: Good

No comments: